Balnycja [Ru] Balnica [Polish]
Lesko District, present day SE Poland
Lemko Surnames found in 1787 Austrian Cadastral Records
Church was "Saint Michael - erected in 1856 [destroyed].
The wooden church was erected in 1856 and replaced an older wooden chuch of the same name that existed as early as 1830. The village was burned and the people deported in 1945-46. Metroplitan Stefan Sulyk (Philadelphia) was born here.
This parish was a filial parish to nearby MANIV (4km).
In 1785 the village lands comprised 17.65 sq.km. There were 285 Greek Catholics no Roman Catholics and 6 Jews
1840 - 484 Greek Catholics
1859 - 451 Greek Catholics
1879 - 423 Greek Catholics
1899 - 460 Greek Catholics
1926 - 500 Greek Catholics
1936 - 456 Greek Catholics
The village was not incorporated into the Lemko Apostolic Administration in 1934
Presently no LDS microfilms are available