Terka [Ru] Terka[Polish]

Lesko District, present day SE Poland

Lemko Surnames cited by Krasovs'kyj from 1787 Austrian Cadastral Records

  1. not compiled

Parish Data: [from Blazejowskyj and Iwanusiw]

Church was "Patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary St. Elias the Prophet" [1791] [destroyed]

The masonry church of St. Elias was erected in 1911. It replaced the wooden church - Patronage of the BVM erected in 1791. Now only the bell tower and iron church cross remain on site.

In 1785 the village lands comprised 19.56 sq km. There were 193 Greek Catholics 5 Roman Catholics and 20 Jews

1840 - 288 Greek Catholics

1859 - 281 Greek Catholics

1879 - 287 Greek Catholics

1899 - 254 Greek Catholics

1926 - 313 Greek Catholics

1936 - 506 Greek Catholics

In 1936 there were 159 Roman Catholics and 45 Jews

The village was not incorporated in to the Lemko Apostolic Administration in 1934

Filial church located in BUKOVEC' 4km away

The village POLJANKY 2.5 km away was served by the priest

LDS microfilm is not available