Trepcha [Ru] Trepcza[Polish]
Sanok District, present day SE Poland
Lemko Surnames cited by Krasovs'kyj from 1787 Austrian Cadastral Records
Parish Data: [from Blazejowskyj and Iwanusiw]
Church was "Dormition of the Blessed Virgin Mary"  [still standing]
The masonry church, formerly a Roman Catholic monastery chapel, was donated by the Austrian government after the old wooden church burned in 1801. It was enlarged and blessed in 1807. It was confiscated by the Poles on December 24, 1945 and is now being used by Roman Catholics.
There are ruins of a former monatery in the village.
Trepcha used to be joined with MEZHYBRID. In 1796 the villages - though on opposite sides of the River San were united. Mezhybrid was almost always without a priest, so the priest in Trepcha took over the duties for both villages. The river proved to be an obstacle so in 1843 the pastor in Trepcha was given an assistant whol lived in Mezhybrid.
In 1785 the village lands comprised 9.08 sq km. There were 480 Greek Catholics 15 Roman Catholics and 13 Jews
1840 - 648 Greek Catholics
1859 - 660 Greek Catholics
1879 - 647 Greek Catholics
1899 - 860 Greek Catholics
1926 - 814 Greek Catholics
1936 - 821 Greek Catholics
In 1936 there were 18 Roman Catholics and 0 Jews
The village was incorporated in to the Lemko Apostolic Administration in 1934
LDS microfilm #0765859 contains Births 1784-1840