Pelnja [Ru] Pielnia [Polish]
Sanok District, present day SE Poland
Lemko Surnames cited by Krasovs'kyj from 1787 Austrian Cadastral Records
Parish Data: [from Blazejowskyj and Iwanusiw]
The church was "Saint John the Theologian"  [still standing]
The masonry church was erected in 1805 and renovated in 1922. It is now used by Poles.
The earliest parish is mentioned in the year 1295 when the village was purchased by o. Stefan Rozankevych for 200 zloty for himself and his descendants. The first church burned down and another was built which also burned in 1803
In 1785 the village lands comprised 13.42 sq km. There were 330 Greek Catholics 160 Roman Catholics and 29 Jews
1840 - 436 Greek Catholics
1859 - 506 Greek Catholics
1879 - 685 Greek Catholics
1899 - 717 Greek Catholics
1926 - 853 Greek Catholics
1936 - 780 Greek Catholics
In 1936 there were 546 Roman Catholics and 0 Jews
The village was incorporated in to the Lemko Apostolic Administration in 1934
Filial church was located in DUDYNCI 2km away.
The villages of ANDRUSHKIVCI 3km, MARKIVCI 4km, PYSARIVCI 3km, and POBIDNO 4km were served by the priest.
LDS microfilm #0766036 contains Births 1839-1875, Marriages 1807-1840 , Deaths 1807-1876