Kal'nycja [Ru] Kalnica k. Cisjne [Polish]

Lesko District, present day SE Poland

Lemko Surnames cited Krasovs'kyj from 1787 Austrian Cadastral Records

data missing but 81 names stated

Parish Data:

Church was "Saint Paraskevija" [1842] [destroyed]

The wooden church replaced an older wooden church

Kal'nycja was the main church until 1835, then it was a filial church of SUKOVATE until 1863 when it again became a main church. Finally it was made an independent assitanship in 1876

In 1785 the village lands comprised 11.39 sq km. There were 285 Greek Catholics 28 Roman Catholics and 8Jews

1840 - 442 Greek Catholics

1859 - 443 Greek Catholics

1879 - 460 Greek Catholics

1899 - 566 Greek Catholics

1926 - 632 Greek Catholics

1936 - 580 Greek Catholics

In 1936 there were 2350 Roman Catholics and 85 Jews

The village was not incorporated in to the Lemko Apostolic Administration in 1934

Filial church located in KAMJANKY 5km and SUKOVATE 2km

LDS microfilm is not available